Installation Error - Waiting for 1 resources: http://localhost:9200

Hello OpenCRVS family,

I tried to install 2-3 times openCRVS all the time it gets stuck here. May be elastic search is not getting started for me? How can we troubleshoot this?

Hi Jins,

Thanks for raising this. I think it may be a permissions bug that was introduced accidentally in our last hotfix release. I am investigating this and will get back to you urgently.

Kind regards,

Euan

1 Like

Please subscribe to this ticket to track a resolution: bash setup.sh script fails with an Elasticsearch permissions error · Issue #4273 · opencrvs/opencrvs-core · GitHub

1 Like

@jthomas we have tested installation on our Ubuntu Virtual Machine using Virtual Box and are not experiencing this problem. Would you be able to share access to your environment on a call so that we can find out what is going wrong for you? I will reach out to you via email to arrange a support call.

1 Like

Hi @Euan_OpenCRVS Yes thanks for the warm support, let me re-create the server and mail to you.

Also where is the location we found that error (logfile) for the elastic search.

If you run docker logs opencrvs_elasticsearch_1 you can see it has a permissions problem on the folder that is mounted as a volume to the docker container

1 Like

Thank @Euan_OpenCRVS I think it’s something to do with permission, i get this error

ElasticsearchException[failed to bind service]; nested: AccessDeniedException[/usr/share/elasticsearch/data/nodes];
Likely root cause: java.nio.file.AccessDeniedException: /usr/share/elasticsearch/data/nodes
	at java.base/sun.nio.fs.UnixException.translateToIOException(UnixException.java:90)```

So this error is telling me that Elasticsearch has no permission to the volume that it needs. This is a problem with the permissions on your environment. After discussing with you I realised that you were trying to install OpenCRVS as a local development environment using the “bash setup.sh” command on a remote server.

The bash setup.sh command is intended to help you run OpenCRVS locally, ie on your own personal laptop.

• If you have Ubuntu installed on your laptop, this is best and you can proceed to use the bash setup command. Please ensure that you are using a fresh Ubuntu installation with default permissions. You do not need to change any permissions on your default Ubuntu installation.
  • If you are on Windows, you can run a Ubuntu virtual machine using Virtual Box and run bash setup.sh in there.
  • If you are on a Mac, OpenCRVS is Unix compatible. Simply install Docker for Mac and all the other dependencies listed here then continue with the setup commands.