We already know how to achieve universal birth registration - let’s do it

5 Likes

@K_A_A_M thanks for reading this and commenting on LinkedIn!

What do you agree / disagree with?

1 Like

this is great and I very much agree that we know how to do this (also for death registration)

the only point i would add is that, in addition to making sure that individuals see the value of civil registration (“unlocking basic rights and services is not in line with people’s experiences”), more work can be done to ensure that governments see the value of a fully functional CRVS system across many agencies - such demand from governmnet stakeholders will drive the CRVS system to get further support from within governmnet and enable it to become more active…

2 Likes

Great, point Martin. There is still a gap in global CRVS research for an evidence base of the value of CR to a government - I think, in part, this is because a lot of it hasn’t been realised yet and the potential is there but must be realised. Multi-year research on capturing and monitoring this could be super interesting… Who do you think would fund this?

1 Like

very much agree
will think about funding options, not sure. UNDP could be an option as this moves into the space of how CRVS connects to good governance
thanks

2 Likes